Follow me on Pinterest!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Candy Corn Rice Krispy Treats

I wanted to make Rice Krispies and incorporate candy corn some how.  I had already done a triple decker red/white/blue batch for July 4, so I needed to switch it up a bit.  I was afraid the candy corn would melt in the hot marshmallow.  Same with any sprinkles that I thought about adding.  Then I saw the recipe on the back of the cereal box for 'upside down confetti treats'.  I looked up the details here:  http://www.ricekrispies.com/recipes/upside-down-confetti-treats
It seemed like it might work!  A perfect way to incorporate candy corn 'into' the rice Krispy.  
I sprayed my Pyrex pan with Pam, then laid out a whole bag of brachs candy corn and a handful of halloween sprinkles I had on hand.  I followed the original rice Krispy recipe, and then poured it on top of the candies.  I covered the mixture with a sheet of wax paper and pressed it all down into the pan so the candy would really get in there.
I let them cool and viola!  Delish.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment